Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Viva Las Pizza

A four-pager done for Damien Shanahan's Pizzaman comic from a few years back. Lot's of fun to do. Damien did a fantastic job of colouring it for the comic but since I use a lot of blacks in my comic work, I think it works just as well if not better in black and white.


Anonymous Kirk said...

These pages are great! Your style is really universal, yet appealing at the same time. Has a very classic look to it. Other then some busy areas, the black and white pages here read very well. You inked these, correct. Your inking is AWESOME!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks kirk.

Yep, my inks too. For those wondering, I just use cheap felt tip pens to ink. Brushes and I don't get along.

1:19 AM  
Blogger SeventyThreeGrand said...

This is my favorite style of comic art. Lots of detail, lots of ink in the right places!

6:38 AM  
Blogger killeroo said...

Damo kinda went nuts with the colour job on that story, I think he used every colour in the spectrum!

blacks look awesome.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

SeventyThreeGrand- Thanks.

Killeroo- In hindsight, I should have used a lot less blacks. That would have complemented the colours a bit better.

10:03 AM  
Blogger LeBitch said...

Dear Chris,
Draw more comics dammit!!!
Your pal,

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2015 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners