Monday, December 06, 2010


Another quickie, this time of Tripitaka from the 70's TV series 'Monkey'. I loved that show growing up.

About 2-3 hours in Photoshop. Background textures made with my custom brushes.


Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, super pretty! I'll have to see if they have "Monkey" on Netflix. I've never heard of it!

4:34 AM  
Blogger Mardo said...

The Funkiest theme song in TV history.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...


Nicole- There are a lot of clips from the show on Youtube. It's basically a Chinese martial arts comedy, humourously dubbed in English.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Sounds like fun. :D

10:23 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Sorry, I should correct myself. It's a Japanese (not Chinese) comedy TV show about the Chinese tale, 'Journey to the West', dubbed in English. It was a massive hit here in Australia.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Attractive Art Community (Big Sam) said...

Love your portrait like renderings man! So Masterful!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Ben Newman said...

haha, great stuff! I used to love that show. I still find myself blowing on my fingers occasionally...

8:17 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks guys!

Ben- Yeah, only Monkey could make flying on a pink fluffy cloud look cool.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous evolve or die said...

man, she was smoking hot. She died in the 80s of leukemia or something. damn shame

11:46 AM  
Blogger CCG Coordinator said...

Hi Chris,
Nice painting of the Asian woman - not familiar with this series. Just started a photoshop painting class in Cincinatti - about an 1.5 hour drive North from my home in KY. First class was all about custom brushes - guess I need to kick my lazy arse into gear and learn that stuff! :-)
Here's a link to the class,
Dave Nash is our instructor - an incredible artist and a surprise to find he's not migrated to one of the coasts :-o
Take care, Jonathan Gilpin

11:25 AM  
Blogger Aldina said...

Unique drawings!

Circle of Design Fashion Illustration

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Graphic Design said...

It's so nice!!!!!!!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Alan rose said...

Brilliant Chris.
Thanks for the brushes.

Alan Rose

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2015 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners