Saturday, April 23, 2011

'This is not a pipe'...or a swan


Two entries to CS3000, one done before and one after my previously posted Lou Ferrigno piece. Both of these are anthropomorphic concepts (i.e. taking something, in this case a swan and a smoking pipe, and humanising it). The first is my latest, Natalie Portman from the movie 'Black Swan'. Had a lot of fun with this concept and it turned out alright. Also below once again are a few stages from it's creation. Did my best to wrangle Portman's form into the swan silhouette, the head could have been more swan-like, but you get the idea.


Next is my submission for the Norman Rockwell caricature jam. Many people were drawing Norman smoking his trademark pipe, so I turned the tables. This time the pipe is smoking him!

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

always stunning....never dissapointed. you rock on so many levels

2:36 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Colina said...

My favorite piece so far! Love it when you mix art with a concept!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Emily Byrne said...

Bravo! Your work consistently has strong likeness/essence, an interesting concept, and amazing rendering. There are so many caricatures which fall short on one or more of those qualities... (usually the first two).

8:28 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Great piece Chris and love the Rockwell too!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Attractive Art Community (Big Sam) said...

Dude! Dude! !!!!!!! ... dude!

2:11 AM  
Blogger drawinggold said...

i enjoy your rending of smoke. i am currently creating lettering with using smoke as an influence. the illo of rockwell, creative, eye catching and humorous.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely love the twist on rockwell.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Steve Roberts said...

Hi Chris, I've just spent the last couple of hours looking at all your previous posts and I'm stunned(and more than a little jealous) absolutley outstanding work.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Graphic Design said...

nice idea!!!! love it.. :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Roshanda said...

I love these! Very original!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger devildog said...

My name is TYson and id like to be able to use this drawing to make a new sign for our company.... If you are ok with this please email me and let me know, we can talk.... Very serious.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks everyone!

Devildog- Contact me at krisvahl@yahoo.com and we can discuss it.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners