Wednesday, July 11, 2007

LynxJet

You've probably all seen these award winning and controversial Aussie commercials somewhere on the internet. They were for Lynx, a men's deodorant and the premise of the campaign was a phoney airline called LynxJet with scantily clad stewardesses and their rather personal inflight services.


Anyway, my point is that I was brought onboard (no pun intended) to illustrate the LynxJet logo for the campaign. They wanted an airforce wings feel to the logo. The final was created using illustrator.

As you'll see from the promo ad below, my art was used extensively. From the product packaging to press, tv and billboard advertisements (some the size of buildings). It was also made into hat pins and name badges for the 'stewardesses' and even painted onto a fully sized commercial airliner. The most exposure my art's ever received...although everyone was probably too busy gawking at the women to notice. Oh well, besides payment I received one of the stewardess's bagdes for my troubles.

11 Comments:

Blogger Faboun'e said...

Cool ! but where can we buy ticket for traveling with ?!!

6:36 PM  
Blogger SRH said...

That is absolutely awesome. Congrats on the un-named, barely noticed exposure. :)

11:45 PM  
Blogger Forbes Browne said...

Hahaha! You must be so proud to be part of such a fantastic promotion. God bless Aussie men and their pro-masculine tradition.

12:42 AM  
Blogger G said...

That's awesome, Chris! I had no idea you designed the logo for the LynxJet campaign. I really liked this campaign, controversial that it might have been, I think it worked on many levels and mediums.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

Great gig! And I'm loving that Metal Man, Tattooed Woman! Really spectacular!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks for leaving comments on this, guys!

9:51 PM  
Blogger greg oakes said...

congrats on the lynx campaign... super cool design; incredible amount of exposure!! :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Overvision said...

Ooo, La, La, La, La!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Greg/overvision- Thanks guys!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Gabriel Hunt said...

"Oh well, besides payment I received one of the stewardess's bagdes for my troubles.
"

Was she still wearing it?

7:35 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Haha. Ah, I wish...

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners