Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's a mad, MAD world!

Here's a collection of my MAD covers from the past decade of working with Australian MAD magazine.


I began working with them after approaching their editor at a Sydney comic convention with my comicbook portfolio and not soon after that, was drawing interior art for the magazine.



Eventually I made the leap into drawing covers, originally painting them with gouache, then markers and coloured pencil and these days pencil and digital.





I'm currently working on two more at the moment, so there'll be more to come.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! I'm happy to see these trotted out. They're so very very very very good and really show off your range. Top work.
Maggie

1:30 PM  
Blogger Carlos V. said...

Thanks for the link Chris! I'll defenitely return you the favor!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

You're brilliant!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Michael Cho said...

These are great but that Tombraider2/Angelina Jolie one is fantastic. I can't wait to see what else is in your files.

Thanks for the link also -- I put a link to you on my log as well!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

killeroo- I like many of them for different reasons. Probably both of the Lara Croft covers.

Maggie- Thanks a bunch.

Carlos- Thanks. Happy to oblige. You have some great work.

Simon- Thanks, mate.

m cho- Thanks for the link Michael.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners