Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You're so vain...

Drawing your first self portrait is like hearing a recording of your own voice for the first time. That rude shock of realising that you don't sound or look as good as you thought.


But once you get over that, drawing self portraits can be quite fun. For one, there's the freedom of knowing you're not going to offend the subject. And I think at the end of the day you can learn something about yourself, reveal something that was always on the surface and was evident to everyone but yourself...


...ah, who am I kidding, I just like to see how ridiculous I can make myself look. Pen through your nose, anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger Chrissie A said...

These are just great! Fantastic blog overall...I'll be back often--your stuff is truly inspiring!

11:59 PM  
Blogger z0mbi said...

hehe... good stuff, man! I've never actually tried to draw myself.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Mike Exner III said...

Now I know where that eye in your user profile came from. Excellent art here, Chris. Could you draw me with a pencil through my nose, though? I'm a writer.

...Speaking of which, uh, can I send you a script?

4:06 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Chrissie- Thanks. You have some very nice work on your blog. I gotta start doing more Illustration Friday stuff.

z0mbi- Thanks. You should try, it's addictive.

Mike- Thanks for the script offer, but I'm not taking on any extra work at the moment. When I am you'll be the first to know.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners