Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Girl video. Now in Colour!

Below is a timelapse video of the girl pic coloured. The quality's not the greatest but I'm learning as I go, so hopefully future attempts will be better. I was having too many problems with Google Video, so here's my results through YouTube.

To the left you can see the finished version.


Blogger Sandra Khoo said...

WOOWWW!!! Wottta wonderful site! I'll be sure to drop by more often. ;) Keep those babies comin'!

3:04 AM  
Blogger Henry Elmo Bawden said...

Cool stuff. I have plenty of room on my website. If you want to send me the video, I can put it on a hidden link inside of my website. Just email me and let me know.


3:55 AM  
Blogger pj said...

Did you try google's own video upload utility? (here) it'll let you upload massive video files(google recommend using it if your file is over 100Mb)


4:01 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Sandra- Hey, thanks! Glad you like it.

Henry- Thanks for the offer. But my problem is, with the video as is, many people won't be able to view it because of the format. When I upload to Google it converts it to a format which everyone can view. So I need to find another place that does that.

PJ- Yeah I tried, but it keeps knocking it back. I think it's because the frame rate is so low, and it doesn't meet their guidelines. The file's only 7mb.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

you didnt just do that in 47 seconds did you? :D

9:44 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

hehe, nah it took 20 minutes.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Chris- these videos are very cool, it's a great way to see the creative process from another artist! Hey, thanks much for the comments on my inking work, very helpful and very much appreciated. I should have another page ready to go tonight, so I will post it early Thursday. Keep rockin'!!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Henry Elmo Bawden said...

Cool. It looks good.


4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that was outasight Chris! ......Lou

11:31 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Patrick- Thanks Patrick. Yeah, I enjoy watching WIP's too. You don't see too many around on blogs.

Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful inks.

Henry/Lou- Thanks guys.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever do any coloring on paper? If so, what technique do you use? Also, is there something out there better than colored pencils? I hate those things!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

I hardly do any colouring on paper anymore. But if you don't like coloured pencils you could always try colour markers. Any good art stores should sell them.

I used to do all my early MAD covers with markers and coloured pencils. The ones I used were Pantone Tria markers (each pen has three different drawing tips). Unfortunatley they're not cheap. A starter set of 24 will cost you about $80-100 US. If you're interested buy one or two pens from an art store and have a play with them.

Alternatively, buy some artists gouache or acrylic paints. You can use these straight from the tubeas is or watered down for colour washes.

10:12 AM  
Blogger McGee said...

Excellent blog you have here man! I'm going to link to you on my page!!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Mcgee, much appreciated.

You have some excellent work.

10:01 PM  
Blogger CEREAL KILLER said...

Chris, thanks for uploading this
i think i learned a lot about shadows
and reflections.....let´s see! I need

( º3º)/

grat work indeed!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

You're welcome, cereal killer.

Glad I could help.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Shikaru said...

I allways enjoy watching these kind of videoes.
Sometimes it helps alot, and other times, i'm just amazed of how good some people are.

Hopefully, someday i'll get to that level :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Shikaru!

Glad you enjoyed it.

9:13 PM  
Blogger cancer said...

cool stuff!
thanks for sharing !


2:53 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Cancer. You're welcome!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2015 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners