Friday, April 29, 2011

Prince William sketch


A caricature of newly wed royal, Prince William. I'm surprised at myself for drawing him as the Royal family and all their shenanigans bore me to tears. Here in Australia the media and public have been at fever pitch waiting for the wedding.

This was for the latest challenge over at CS3000. I said to myself, 'If you're going to draw a Royal, be as unflattering as possible'. In that I probably failed as I coiuld have been a whole lot harsher.

My approach to this drawing was to pretend I was designing him for the classic UK satirical puppet show, Spitting Image. If you're unfamiliar with the show, Youtube it. Classic stuff with great caricature puppets.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sagan Lacy said...

You've just been knocking these Caricaturamas out of the park. I can definitely see the Spitting Image influence - this looks terrific!

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Teresa said...

Great, great, great! The best i've seen of him so far. You should do Kate too!

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you have made this "a whole lot harsher" and kept it as a human?

As a caricaturist, I tend to think ones like this are a bit too distorted - but I have to admit, I knew who it was immediately!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

well, you didn't do his balding spot, so that was nice of you :) as someone from the UK, believe me you are not alone in being fed up of all this! but great caricature

5:06 AM  
Blogger Bart Bals said...

Hey Chris, that's something I always keep in mind when working on a new caricature; pretend that your working for Spitting Image....

2:18 AM  
Blogger Brandon Kallmes said...

This is perfect!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners