Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tennis with friends

A caricature of Argentine tennis player, Juan Martin Del Potro and also some caricatures of Facebook friends. Three used brushpen with digital shading, the other is pencil colourised in Photoshop.


Blogger Thanh Nguyen said...

dude, these are friggin awesome! Any tips on how to draw caricature?

12:11 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Thanh.

Besides the usual tips given out by most caricaturists i.e. exaggerating and de-exaggerating the right facial features etc. I suggest paying close attention to the little details, as a combination of getting all the little details right can really add that extra something to your caricature- the slight subtle twist on the edge of someone's smile, the way their nostrils flare or a little revealing detail in their eyes. These can all help take your caricature's likeness to the next level...in my opinion.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Shawnte said...

These are too awesome xD I remember trying to attempt to do caricature back when I was 18, I guess it's just not my thing. But these are stunning to say the least.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Shawnte.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

"paying close attention to the little details" ; I agree with that , but I think it's the hardest to do in caricature... That's where I use some of sheets and pen..;-)..! That's what make differences and make awesomes creations in general. You make it realy well . I don't but try and learn ( a lot here..!) and I started learn how to make a caricature with lots of works on portraits. . I think that it's the first step to know details of faces.. Don't you?

12:13 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

I agree. I used to do portraiture before caricature. That way you get comfortable with drawing the human face without the added difficulty of exaggeration.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

Yes .. and you show us good demonstrations here... What I like in caricaturing and cartooning it's how much I 'm free for doing everything I want in craziness... ;-)

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2015 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners