Sunday, April 23, 2006

MAD about X-men












Here's my latest MAD cover parodying the X-men 3 movie, with Alfred as Wolverine giving a quick haircut to Beast, Professor X, Storm and Cyclops in the foreground. All the characters were digitally painted separately using the 'paperboy' method I explained a few blog entries ago (see Tutorials), then compiled in Photoshop for the final art. Also I've included a closeup of the Beast, who I think turned out the best of the lot.

EDIT: Upon the MAD art director's request, I've changed the background colour from green to blue. I think this works better.

10 Comments:

Blogger PJ Holden said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff, Chris.

- pj

8:33 PM  
Blogger shaggy said...

Thats pretty cool.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Chrissie A said...

Wow--beautiful!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks guys.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Corbett Vanoni said...

It's great to see MAD covers that look like actual illustrations!

Bravo.

– Corbett

8:50 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Hey thanks, Corbett.

11:02 PM  
Blogger She-Thing said...

That's AMAZING! Was it actually published? From which issue is it? And was a parody made?

4:44 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

she-thing- Thanks!

Yeah it was a published cover for MAD magazine Australia. I can't remember the issue and I'd say the Xmen parody was just a reprint from the U.S. issue.

9:22 PM  
Blogger She-Thing said...

Wow Mr. Wahl, this is an honour-'speaking' to a mad artist! XD Just printed and displayed the cover together with my other MAD X-Mags.

Saludos and Merry X-Mas!

-Caty

11:46 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thankyou Caty.

Glad to be part of your collection.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners